I am bummed.
yes, okay, PMS might have something to do with it,
or the fact that I haven't been taking my 5-HTP (seratonin) for like a month...
but REALLY
it's because my horse is "off" again.
no, not visibly lame, but the same old, lovely problem...
crossfiring and bucking.
yep.
It started the summer of 2007... quite impressively, I might add,
when he frapped me into the dirt
at a Ray Hunt clinic.
okay. point taken.
but I'd missed what had happened before what happened, happened.
after that I realized that he was crossfiring
(apologies if that's greek to you... it means he's on one lead in the front,
and a different lead in the back)
I could tell because it felt like a dump truck going over train tracks.
and then the bucking.
ask for canter. cantering while crossfiring. bucking.
neither of us was happy.
tried lots of things, and it took a long time, but finally in late 2008 we found
Dr. Mark
and Hyaluronic Acid
Dr. Mark DePaolo (equine chiropractor... yes, I'm serious) was fabulous.
So was the HA. We did an IM injection, and now he's on an oral dose of HA.
that was working.
So what gives?
grrrrr...
3 comments:
who knew horses could be so complicated???
your horse is retarded. teeheehee <3!!!
I know absolutely nothing about horses--but you sure look dang cool riding it! =)
Post a Comment