As in, all this torrential rainfall along with a weird vertigo thing I've been having since November 17th have combined against me and I really have no choice but to sit and pore over her blog.
(Okay fine, I have a choice.)
I feel like the weird sister in Notting Hill towards Julia Robert's character: we are BEST friends but she just doesn't realize it yet.
If I acknowledge that it is crazy to think that, does it mean I'm not crazy? I hope so.
Anyway, she just posted a giveaway on her blog and I entered it.
In the history of my life I haven't won anything except the celestial lottery for my husband and kids. That might also be because I never enter anything. However, the ONE time I DID enter, I won the amazing quilt at the Christmas music thing at the old Guthrie Park grange hall raffle last year. Also I have great parking karma. And even though there are already 20,000 other entries already, they are all lame. And also because I have a so-so camera but I really REALLY want the awesome D90 she is giving away because I'm pretty sure that just owning one will magically change my DNA and I will become a superfab photographer. I'm just putting this out there in the universe. I want the camera, Universe! Okay? Okay.
Here are the giveaway details:
Posted by Ree in MiscellaneousCountdown to Christmas
Today…
Because I’m in New York with my girls…
Because I’m taking photos of all the window displays…
Because I’m taking photos of falafel…
Because I’m weird…
And because I love ya…
I’m giving away a Nikon D90 DSLR camera.
Yahoo yippety.
Here are the details:
Nikon D90 SLR Digital Camera with a Nikon 18-105mm VR Lens. It’s a great, solid camera that’ll make your skirt fly up…unless you’re a boy. But boy or girl, this is a camera—and a great lens—that’ll make you happy.
Here’s the back view:
To enter the giveaway, just answer the following question in the Comments section of this post:
“On a scale of one to ten, how much do you love the holiday season?”
Are you a huge ten? Or are you more of a five with mixed feelings? Do you start getting ready for Christmas on September 1? Or do you sort of hold on and brace yourself till the madness passes? Do you love the tradition, family togetherness, and meaning of the holidays? Or do you feel swept away? Just list your current love for the Christmas and you’re automatically entered to win the camera.
THE RULES
One entry per person, please. Strictly enforced with a paddle.
No entries after 12:00 noon Pacific Time Friday.
Winner will be selected at random and announced Saturday.
Good luck!
_____________________
Note: Giveaway sponsored by Pioneer Woman. Nikon has no idea who Pioneer Woman is. I could disappear tomorrow and Nikon would never know. For more information on how my giveaways work, click here.
And here is my response:

Tamara Pugmire On Thursday, December 9 at 3:11 pm
I’d say I’m a solid 8.5 about Christmas time. I love it, but it’s more stressful than, say, the 4th of July, and there is more mud. I live in Oregon. We have MUD. Mud is not as romantic as snow flurries or snowmen or even the excitement of icy roads. It just follows you and your dogs and husband and kids around and tries to sneak into the house when you’re not standing guard when all the hooligans come running in.
I digress.
I love the spirit behind Christmas the most… you know, all those heart-warming moments. Like, people on the news because they didn’t go to bed Thanksgiving night and they’re standing in line at 3:30am to get a screaming deal, but they’re not sure what they want to buy yet. Or those good times when you tell the kids in no uncertain terms to back slowly AWAY from the tree and put down the ornaments or ELSE, until the tree is actually in the house. Or the rising heat you feel in your face as the steam comes out your ears when you realize that the PERFECT tree you spent half a day’s work to bag is now standing smugly in its stand with an insolent, half-a-parentheses lilt to it, and is 2 feet shorter than it was when you spied it in all its Christmas Tree Splendor on the Tree Farm.
I love little moments like that. It makes me remember that Christmas is not about being perfect, it’s about being Humble and reminding your friends that you are more Humble than they are because you are buying fewer gifts and your kids only want books this year anyway, and that your Christmas is likewise Much Better because of your Perspective. Also, Christmas is great because in the midst of the long, cold, wet, dreary weather, we get to decorate our homes like Joe’s Crab Shack and tell our kids that a fat man in a red suit is going to slide down the chimney while they’re asleep one night. And because getting Christmas cards gives us the chance to realize that our spelling and family portrait-getting skills really ARE superior, thus giving us a much needed lift.
The powers that be who decided that we should combine the birthday of the savior of mankind with the pagan winter solstice celebration were genius. Really.
(PUHLEEEEZE, Bree, pick me! Pick me! I want to win the camera! I will start my own blog and laugh at myself every day in between singing your praises.)
2 comments:
Hey Tamara. I hope your parking karma pays off. That would be really cool. I loved your response. You do know she chooses at random, right? And did you really call her Bree, or was that a typo?
Wouldn't it be cool if you won? And then if I won? And then if Leah won? That would just be sublime.
DAH!!!!! I can't believe I spelled her name wrong!! Crap. And I am in denial that she chooses at random. ;-) Anyway, thanks Jocelyn... I can't get over the fact that I spelled her name wrong. I hope she's the forgiving type or we'll never be BFFs. hahahaha... And yeah, I am putting in winning vibes for you and Leah for whatever is next!
Post a Comment