Jonathan bought these beautiful hanging flower baskets for me for Mother's Day. He brought them home on Saturday afternoon, and by the morning of Mother's Day, Kizi reported that there were birds making a nest in one. I thought, "no way... already?" Apparently the "Welcome" sign below was all the invitation they needed...

They're in the basket above, to the right of the front door.
The first time I peeked in the nest I saw this, above. (May 24th)
What the heck??
Apparently another bird laid an egg in this nest as well! The brown speckled egg hatched before the others did. I peeked in one day and saw the baby bird, and the next day I climbed up on the chair again to take a photo of it and it was GONE. No trace of it anywhere. Whoa. Guess it wasn't that momma bird's first rodeo. Still seems kind of heartless, but then again, who lays their egg in another bird's nest, anyway?
So then we were back to four light blue, tiny eggs. And then... this!
I only saw three babies, so I'm not sure what happened with the fourth egg.
But aren't they cute?
The photo above was taken on June 7th.
The photo below was taken on June 13th.
And this was all I found on June 16th. Bye babies! Stay safe!







No comments:
Post a Comment