Wednesday

~ life's a beach


Yeah, I know it's just wrong... but we didn't actually make it to the beach until August 24th. Sad, right? But we had a GREAT time.


I am a FREAK about the waves. I'm perpetually petrified about the thought of sneaker waves coming up and grabbing my kids. So for a change, we went just south of Lincoln City to the Siletz Bay... and found
the BEST beach.
That's the Salishan spit across the bay.
People? Nah. Well, hardly any.
You can actually let your kids turn their backs to the water here. 
When the tide is in, like it was while we were there, the water is shallow for a loooong ways. It was nice and clear, and warm enough to play in.
My man chillaxin...
Gracie was lovin' all the ball throwing and she and Bailey had a ton of fun in the water.
The weather was P*E*R*F*E*C*T... 
Kizi and Bailey snugglin'... he was dog tired!  ;)
I love this shot.
Can you see the ball that Gracie is hoping I'll throw... again?
Tired and sandy, but happy... 
we had a great dinner at Kyllo's before heading home.

3 comments:

Nick and Lexie said...

Looks like fun. I'm always jealous of people when they go to the beach, and in particular, when its NICE WEATHER! So sad summer is coming to an end.

Melanie said...

so fun!!! I wanna go! We just spent the weekend in Bear Lake...very tame. haha Miss you!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

GORGEOUS pictures--looks like the perfect day!! Our kids haven't been to the beach yet & they're dying to go. Now me being a worrier--I'll TOTALLY be watching for sneaker waves too! Glad for the warning!

beautiful...

The world has enough women who are tough;
we need women who are tender.
There are enough women who are coarse;
we need women who are kind.
There are enough women who are rude;
we need women who are refined.
We have enough women of fame and fortune;
we need more women of faith.
We have enough of greed;
we need more goodness.
We have enough of vanity;
we need more virtue.
We have enough popularity;
we need more purity.

~ Margaret Nadauld
(Past Young Women's General President,
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)