Monday

~ summer fun at the barn

So, just for fun... here's a little photo synopsis of what we spent quite a bit of time doing this summer...

playing with horses 
(my friend Denise and me playing around at Inavale)
Doctoring horses...
This is my sweetie, Poco. Woo woo! Isn't he a handsome boy?
(This was taken before he was diagnosed with the whole eye thing, which is better for now, at least... that episode is over and I'm praying that they will be few and far between to minimize the damage. His vision seems okay so far, and he's happy to be out in the pasture again with his buddies.)
Trying to keep the old man, Roanie, comfortable...
playing on the quads 
(Kiziah on the right, on our quad, and Caleb on the left...
Calvin rode too, but spent most of his time playing Legos with the barn owner's son)
Momentary lapses of reason
(aka, me letting Kiziah ride Kaiyah... which they both handled awesomely well, although neither is even remotely ready for the other, but this was a sweet little peaceful moment they had together...)
Riding the new "barn mascot", Ringo
(ACK! I fixed her foot placement in the stirrup right after I took this!)
riding the quads with friends
watching the chickens
brushing the pony with friends
(doesn't Ringo look terribly upset by this? hahaha... he wouldn't even graze... he was just in heaven having these little girls love on him and brush him!)
feeding the ducks
putting sparkly hoof polish on the pony
brushing and loving on Poco...
and the pony, some more
and of course, giving friends rides on Ringo.

Not sure what else we did this summer!
:)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That sounds like a heck of a lot of fun! Seriously, I want to come! Josh would love the pony. He loves horses. :D

The Sorensen Bunch said...

tamra- Why am I NOT suprised by your HORSE summer. I always knew that you would get back to your roots and ride off into the sunset. How fun to have a family to do it with!! Your summer and beach pictures look so dreamy!!!... I am so sorry about your hard decisions with the horses BUT if anyone can make those kind of decisions it is you.
LOVE YOU!

Maddy said...

If I loved horses, I'd be super jealous of you! But uhm, one question? Do female horses have utters, or are they built kind of like dogs that way for nursing young? I have NEVER seen a horse nurse and I'm a bit baffled by this fact Tamara! Seriously! lol

beautiful...

The world has enough women who are tough;
we need women who are tender.
There are enough women who are coarse;
we need women who are kind.
There are enough women who are rude;
we need women who are refined.
We have enough women of fame and fortune;
we need more women of faith.
We have enough of greed;
we need more goodness.
We have enough of vanity;
we need more virtue.
We have enough popularity;
we need more purity.

~ Margaret Nadauld
(Past Young Women's General President,
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)