We had originally planned to go to Vegas for Spring Break to visit
one of my best friends, Kelly
who had just had her second baby while her husband is sewing up soldiers in Afghanistan, but her older son (almost 2 years old) decided that anyone staying in his home was completely unacceptable. Poor little guy just freaked, and was even furious with his grandma, who had come for the birth of his little brother. SO, Kelly called off her sister and me. It's been much more peaceful for her, but I still feel badly about not being able to help her out.
So, instead of a road trip to Vegas, we went north. There was a horse clinic near Seattle that I wanted to check out, and we thought we'd say hi to Annalisa (Jonathan's sister) and her husband Brian while we were up there, but maybe word got out that we have cooties or something, cuz they split-- Anna and I were cracking up at our terrible timing, because she and her baby Summer were going to California that weekend while Brian was working.
So, in the spirit of
family togetherness
we headed north.
I don't have any photos of the horse clinic, but suffice it to say I was sort of disappointed.
(The clinician shall remain nameless.)
While I was at the clinic on Saturday, Jonathan and the kids checked out the kids' museum in Seattle and had lunch at a "really cool" restaurant. Unfortunately I forgot to give him the camera when he dropped me off, so we have no documentation of that...
The next day was Sunday, and we regretted not bringing Sunday clothes as we found that there was a chapel ridiculously close to our hotel. We kept it a fairly quiet day, and went to see the Seattle temple, which was also ridiculously close (it shares a parking lot with the chapel)-- in fact, if we leaned over our balcony and peered to the right, we could see the angel on top.
We did decide to go see the Space Needle, thinking that we could just go up it and check out the view, and not have to buy anything and not make anyone have to work, and *sort of* try to keep the Sabbath.
Um, yeah.
So, it cost us $60 just to go to the top (DAH!),
and that didn't include anything except the elevator ride up there-- which, by the way, was NOT enclosed and in fact was all glass on one side, and I think we made it to the top in about, oh, maybe 12 seconds. Like the scary "drop" ride at Astroworld in Houston that Jonathan did, only going UP really fast instead.
NOT so good for this old girl who has a slight fear of heights.
After about two minutes or so I was able to go out on the observation deck with Jonathan and the kids. And then I got pretty used to it and it was okay. Except that it was really windy and COLD!
We thought this display in particular was interesting, as it shows the relative height of the Space Needle to other noteworthy structures. Taller than the pyramids? Are you kidding me? Wow.
Um, yeah... I'm a dork... yes, this is a photo of a postcard. I couldn't help it, it was pretty!
After that, we drove around Seattle for just a little bit. These were taken near the waterfront close to Pike's Market.
And we had to include this photo of a building with some
very interesting architecture.
Then we went back to the hotel and vegged.

















No comments:
Post a Comment